5 more days to go!!
April 24, 2016
Hi I'm Kumi.
I will be participating in the Rock the Ridge 50-mile Endurance Challenge with 3 goals:
- to finish the full 50-miles and
- to raise money for the Mohonk Preserve, an important nonprofit land preservation organization in Ulster County, NY.
- to show the courage to challenge myself
Not only will I be training like crazy for the challenge, but I’m going to leverage all that hard work to raise money for the Preserve’s Environmental Education Program. With the pressures kids’ face from overuse of technology and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, life for kids can be difficult. And for disadvantaged kids in our community, issues like neighborhood crime and violence make it unsafe to go outside. Moreover, I will show every one of you who supports me that your hope, dream, and goal definitely come true if you take an action without fear.
Mohonk Preserve is piloting new, innovative programs to help address these issues and get kids outdoors. I’m reaching out to everyone I know to help me raise $250 for this cause.
Here are a few quick facts about this cause. Mohonk Preserve is:
- One of the most beautiful places in New York, protecting more than 8,000 acres of the Shawangunk Mountains;
- A place where more than 100,000 kids have experienced award-winning environmental education programs;
- Piloting new outdoor education program for at-risk, inner-city youth in Newburgh, NY;
- Allowing people with disabilities to experience the outdoors through its NatureAccess ® program; and
- A nationally-accredited land trust.
Thanks so much for your support!!