Iran is the Founder/President/CEO of the Peace Center of Connecticut. Incorporated in January 2017 he leads the center that serves as the central hub for individuals and organizations sharing the goal of a more peaceful Connecticut and for exploring collaborative solutions to violence.
Iran Nazario has worked in the program management, gang prevention, youth outreach, engagement and support field for 27 years. He began his career as a volunteer on the streets of Hartford Connecticut and as the Director of Peacebuilders and Community Relations at COMPASS Youth Collaborative he lead a team of 16 men and women whose goal is to decrease the level of violence throughout the city of Hartford. Since the programs operation began Peacebuilders has served over 3,000 youth and has a success rate of over 80%.
s a foster child in the custody of The Department of Children and Youth Services he faced challenges and obstacles. For most of his childhood and in to his early twenties immersing himself in to the violent street culture of gang membership and prison. He repurposed his life to helping other youth overcome their challenges, serving the community and building networks that would help prevent violence throughout the City of Hartford, Connecticut.
Iran is an expert in Gang Prevention and Mediation, a drug and alcohol prevention counselor, graduate of the National Youth Employment Coalition 2001, certified violence mediator, YO! Leadership Institute graduate 2001, graduate of City of Hartford’s the Youth Development Practitioners Academy 2010 and Middle Management Institute in 2011. He has trained and presented for youth service agencies, court support services, schools, and many others on a local and national level.
Acknowledgement and Recognitions include:
· The Hartford Advocates Good Egg in 1997 '' awarded to a collection of men and women who serve their communities well;
· CATCH (Committed Adult to Children in Hartford) award from the City of Hartford Human Services Department in 2001;
· “EL AWARD” THE DIARIO / LA PRENSA an award dedicated to "a select group of Latinos who always faced challenges but never lost sight of their goals" in 2012; and a recipient of the
· 2013 “100 Men of Color Award” honoring progress that pioneers, educators, service men, politicians, entrepreneurs and tastemakers have made in their professions, and the invaluable contribution these men have given to our communities.
· Proclamation from the City of Hartford Mayor in September 2014 for being an exemplary role model and a positive impact on individuals throughout the Hartford CT community.
· 2014 was awarded the first ever “Meet the Peacemaker” award. This award honors individuals across the planet dedicating themselves to Peace efforts.
· 2015 Iran received the Latinos United for Professional Advancement (LUPA) “50 Most Influential Latinos Award” in recognition of his influence in the State of Connecticut Latino community.
· June of 2015 Iran was “Badged” by the Hartford Connecticut Police Department to serve as a community/law enforcement partner. In this role Iran is to serve as an intermediary in city wide crisis situations under President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative.
· 2016 recipient of the Senator Eric D. Coleman “Community Service Award” in recognition of exceptional leadership, dedication and service to the youth of Hartford CT, Bloomfield CT, and Windsor CT communities.
· 2017 Iran was acknowledged as a “Pivotal Faces of Change in Hartford CT. This celebrates people bringing positive change to our community.
· 2017 Leadership Greater Hartford Polaris Award recipient. Celebrating Leaders who Inspire HOPE.
He continues his pursuit of Peace for the community where he grew up. That pursuit has led to the dream of founding the first Peace Center in New England. The Peace Center of Connecticut will serve as a symbol of hope for Hartford and communities across New England well beyond his years.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Iran 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Iran this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Iran. Thanks to your vote, Iran earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.