Irish Baseball Fundraiser (2016)
- Shipping donated safety equipment to Ireland's youth baseball programs
- Providing coaching instruction and support for volunteer youth baseball programs in Ireland
- Assisting primary schools in the development of baseball programs in physical education classes
- Providing financial, logistical, and equipment support for Ireland's National Baseball Team
- Providing financial support for field construction and maintenance throughout Ireland
- Bringing Irish teenagers to America to participate in baseball camps, as part of our Baseball Exchange Program
Over the past few years, our supporters have helped us make a huge impact:
- 2013: We raised money to help build a youth baseball field in Ashbourne, County Meath!
- 2014: we sent over 1,000 lbs of donated baseball equipment to Irish youth baseball programs in Dublin and Limerick!
- 2014: we sent a group of coaches to Ireland to hold youth clinics in Dublin and Limerick!
- Summer of 2014: we brought a 14-year old Irish baseball player from Ashbourne, County Meath, to America for one week of training and playing with top coaches.
- 2015: We brought a 16-year old Irish catcher from Ireland to America to attend a Nike Baseball Camp in New York.
- 2016: We sent over more donated baseball equipment to Irish schools and Little League Baseball programs
- 2016: We provided remote video instruction to young Irish baseball players
- 2016: We sent an American baseball coach to Ireland to teach baseball to Irish kids.
The History of Baseball in Ireland:
Baseball has been played in Ireland since the early 1990s. The Irish National Baseball Team competes in international competition at the European Championships and there are over 500 people playing baseball throughout the country, from Little League through adult levels, including Ireland's National Baseball Team. There are teams playing in Dublin, Wicklow, Belfast, Limerick, Meath, Cavan and Cork!
Irish Baseball Jerseys, Caps, and T-shirts
About the Baseball United Foundation
The Baseball United Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization, based in New York. We work directly with Baseball Ireland and various baseball clubs in Ireland.