BENEFITING: Project Healthy Smile
ORGANIZER: THE IRONMAN FOUNDATION
Project Healthy Smile was formed to help alleviate preventable dental diseases in children worldwide. To meet this goal, Project Healthy Smile has created sustainable oral health programs for underprivileged children all over the world. These programs focus on preventative care by providing oral health education and dental supplies. Currently, Project Healthy Smile has programs in Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
Micah Farley is a Board member of Project Healthy Smile and immediately fell in love with the idea of competing in an Ironman to help raise money. “When I found out I could cross an Ironman off my bucket-list AND raise money for Project Healthy Smile, I immediately started training again.” Micah is no stranger to big, audacious goals. To date, he has completed a half-marathon, a full marathon, and a half-ironman. In addition to this, he finished law school early, will complete his MBA program this summer, and will start a Master of Science in Finance program this fall. “Everybody tells me I’m crazy, but I am simply living by a motto that I cultivated early in my life: Know No Limits.”
- Just completed a 4hour bike ride followed by a 20 minute run totalling 58 miles! - 5/26/14.
- 45 minute swim followed by a 105 minute run in the Georgia summer sun (88F)! - 6/7/14
- 6 hour bike ride followed by 10 minute run = crazy sunburn - 7/5/14
- 90 minute bike ride followed by a 90 minute run - 7/6/14
- 45 minute swim followed by a 1 hour bike ride and 2 hour run - 7/13/14
- 7 hour bike ride and 10 minute run - 7/26/14
- 4 hour bike ride - 8/9/14
- 30 minute swim and 1.5 hour run - 8/10/14
- 1 hour bike ride - 8/17/14