As part of Ironman Texas 2015, Mike is racing to raise money for the USO. This organization recognizes all that the military and their families do to protect the freedoms we Americans enjoy.
The USO offers a variety of programs and services designed specifically to lift spirits and strength resiliency. These programs look to help by:
- Offering resources to troops as they transition from their service
- Offering comfort, relaxation, entertainment and connection with loved ones for deployed troops
- Offering programs and assistance to military families
- Rehabilitating and reintegrating wounded, ill and injured troops
- Supporting and guiding the families of fallen troops through their loss
A survey conducted in 2013 of troops and their families concluded that:
- 95% agree the USO shows my country supports me
- 97% agree that the USO boosts my morale
- 94% agree that the USO eases my separation from family and friends
This survey shows how vital the role of the USO is in the lives of military families.
We have personally been touched by the USO and are thankful for their commitment to recognizing the sacrifices of those that serve their country. Please help us support the USO and the heroes that make this country great!