Rosetta Maio wrote -With this big project I want to gather together all the forces I possibly can from around the world, to help funding money to Italy Earthquake Population in Emergency Fund.
20th of May 2012 tragedy struck the country of Italy (Emilia Romagna district), with a massive earthquake and big aftershocks (29th of May and 03 June 2012) Not only that but a earlthquake also struck more countries all around the Italy.
The earthquake struck Italy with 5.8 in Richter magnitude scale of the Force and then with 2 other more aftershocks of 5.8 of the Richter magnitude scale. It was in 1570 which was not an earthquake in Emilia Romagna and the people were not prepared for this catastrophe.
Now a lot of people have died and already the numbers of deaths are still increasing and particularly earthquakes are continuing and people are desperate.
With your help today we can help save lifes and help Especially children, their Families and Their elders who have lost everything, even the house
The Italian Civil Protection has launched the appeal for £1 million to do the following:
1) Deliver psychosocial support to children and elderly to help overcome the shock and stress That the disaster and devastation has caused.
2) Set up child friendly spaces to Provided for protective environment where children can spend time playing with other children and trained teachers. This service also allows parents much needed time that they can dedicate to investigating food sources, work, accommodation and locating other friends and family
3) Give out hot meals Provide with medication and lifesaving aid Give clean water and more...
The quakes have displaced some 14,000 people, the civil protection agency said. Tuesday's earthquake was centered in the province of Modena, near Bologna. The towns of Mirandola and Cavezzo were closest to the epicenter, civil protection authorities said.
Witnesses reported on Twitter that Cavezzo was about 70% destroyed. Pictures purportedly from the town, as well as a video stream from Italian newspaper Corriere de la Sera, show damaged and destroyed buildings.
"People are very scared. It's been shaking nonstop for the past week," said journalist Andrea Vogt, who was near the epicenter.
Quake witness wants to leave Bologna
The earthquakes have been "a real shock," she said, adding that no residents she spoke with could remember so many quakes in such a short period of time.
"Factories were full," said Vogt, a freelancer based in Bologna. "Many of the workers were working on repairs to the already damaged buildings."
A spokeswoman for the government office in Modena said as many as 12,000 people could be displaced, including those affected by the previous earthquake.
"Damages are very serious. The old centers of many villages have been closed down to (the) public and many little villages have been completely evacuated," she said.
Authorities were setting up tents to house those forced from their homes, she said, and hotels and campsites were offering space to those in need.
The Italian railway company was sending eight coaches -- expected to shelter 400 people -- to the village of Crevalcore, near Bologna, the civil protection agency said.
Some buildings that were damaged in last week's earthquake were further damaged on Tuesday, a spokeswoman said. "San Felice sul Panaro and Mirandola registered most of the damage," she added.
Violetta Galia said she was afraid to remain in Bologna. "We've been having many quakes, so it's not safe to go back to work. We are having problems with communications, so it's not easy to get in contact with somebody by phone," she told CNN via Skype.
"I don't feel safe -- I need to go away, I don't want to live (in) Bologna. If I don't leave Bologna, I will never feel safe because we are still having quakes every three or five minutes."
CNN iReporter Martina Lunardelli, a freelance translator and interpreter, said she was at work in Pieve di Soligo, Italy, when she felt the earthquake. She said she heard "that thunder sound and my head spinning fast, as if I was drunk and could not see the others around since they were out of focus. I felt so strange."
A spokeswoman for the prefecture in Ferrara province said people were in need of urgent help.
"We need tents. The number of displaced is increasing. It will take time to check if homes are safe, and also people are terrified and don't want to sleep in their houses," she said.
"We had enormous damage to all our factories, and there will be dramatic consequences on employment."
The area's cultural heritage has also suffered, she said, with two churches destroyed in the village of Cento and another church facade collapsing.
Authorities face an additional logistical challenge in helping local communities because emergency supplies were already depleted from the response to the earlier quake.
Some railway routes were affected by the earthquake, but Trenitalia, the Italian train system, said late Tuesday afternoon that all had been reopened and that train service was returning to normal.
Earlier in the day, some high-speed services from Bologna to Milan and Florence, among others, were running slower than usual.
Northern Italy is the heartland of the country's manufacturing industry.
"It's going to have an economic impact as well as a human impact," Vogt said of the earthquake.