Just joined the BDPA IT Corps team to support my friend Wayne. It's a great education solution that I support too See more
Wayne Hicks wrote -BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) seeks to find the funding to support the BDPA IT Corps. BDPA IT Corps aims to broaden the experience and professional preparation of its student and member participants through technology-based problem solving and cultural exchange between communities in the United States and other developing nations.
This is truly a global initiative for BDPA -- think of it as a 'Peace Corps' opportunity for the information technology (IT) professional.
Here are 10 good reasons for you to get engaged with BDPA IT Corps:
1. Communities in the United States and Africa need what you know!
2. Community service is at the center of IT Corps student activity.
3. Getting to know their peers will enhance our students' understanding of different cultures and those experiences will greatly enrich their personal and professional lives.
4. IT is the common thread for global communication. BDPA membership contains some of the world's most talented IT professionals.
5. Relationship-building is important to mutual respect, assistance and future entrepreneurial ventures.
6. Similar to the Peace Corps, the IT Corps' participants will uniquely serve as technology ambassadors while interacting with their peer group students in other developing nations.
7. The IT Corps offers international experience for its participating students.
8. The IT Corps serves in direct support of BDPA's stated mission which is to improve communities and develop the skill of our student and professional members.
9. The world of business operates today as a global economy and the IT Corps places BDPA in the global IT area.
10. With a stellar reputation for success for over 35 years in the United States, the presence of BDPA on a global stage is a natural part of its growth and development.
I encourage you to learn more about the BDPA IT Corps. Isn't it time for you to get involved in an international venture?