Doreen Allen wrote -
Did you know…
- There are currently over 415,000 children in foster care.
- Did you know that in 2014, more than 22,000 youth aged out of foster care without being placed in a permanent family?
- Within 2-4 years, 25 % of these young people will be homeless, more than half will be unemployed and 20 % will be in prison.
- Youth who have left foster care have shown they are more likely than those in the general population to not graduate high school, be unemployed, and be dependent on public assistance, or parents at an early age.
What makes iThrive different?
- By introducing concepts at an earlier stage in youth’s lives, this will allow for retention and mastery of information that will lead to better outcomes and self-sufficient adults.
- Our targeted population will begin in middle school (6-8th grade).
- iThrive will modify and mold behaviors by providing curriculums that will help with their transition into adulthood.