Thank you for all your love and support!
April 01, 2016
BENEFITING: Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, Inc.
Charity Wedding Registry Campaign
Jacob & Joy are getting married in March 2016! :)
Instead of gifts and a traditional wedding registry, we are asking for your help to raise $10,000 in order to create a grant with the goal of ending hunger in Nashville.
We are celebrating by launching a wedding registry fundraiser to establish a grant with the goal of ending hunger in Nashville, TN. The fund, administered through the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, will provide grants to non-profits and social entrepreneurs for innovative pilot projects that address hunger, food insecurity, food deserts, community gardens, health, and nutrition.
This cause is important to both of us, and we have seen in our work with local non-profits how hunger affects so many aspects of living a healthy and happy life. We believe that our community has the potential to end hunger in Nashville in 10 years!
Thank you for your support, and please be sure to visit www.JacobandJoy.com to learn more about us and this campaign!
About the Grant
This fundraiser will create a new fund with the goal of sparking innovative ideas to address hunger and food insecurity in Nashville, TN.
Despite Nashville being a booming "it" city, many of its residents and families struggle with poverty, underemployment, and hunger. 1 in 5 Nashville citizens live in a food desert where they don't have access to grocery stores, healthy food, and fresh produce.
In addition to providing immediate assistance to families in need, the new "catalyst grant" will encourage creativity and collaboration among our community to solve this complex problem.
- Funded projects will emphasize partnerships between cross-sector non-profits, and between non-profits and social entrepreneurs.
- A special emphais is placed on pilot projects that go beyond the existing, traditionally funded programs, as a catalyst to develop new approaches to solve this complex problem.
- The grant will be open to projects from a variety of disciplines, from social service organizations, artists and creatives, small businesses, and community acvocates, and anyone with a viable and sustainable solution to end hunger and food insecurity in Nashville.
- The grant funds will be managed by the Community Foundatin of Middle Tennessee, and with grant applications reviewed by Jacob, Joy, and a group of community partners/advisors.
- With your help, this grant will continue to grow in order to provide continuous support to our community.
Start Small to Think Big
Many people feel helpless and overwhelmed with the large complexities of ending hunger. The great news is that there are many small solutions to this big problem.
There are projects in which $500 can make a significant and essential impact in launching an initiative that will help alleviate hunger.
For example, urban community gardens provide free or low cost healthy food to residents year round, while teaching them valuable life skills and creating pride and confidence in achieving a job well done.
The goal of this grant is to be a catalyst for big ideas from our community members and organizations that need help getting off the ground.
About Jacob & Joy
Jacob & Joy are Nashville-based entrepreneurs who believe that we can do the most good by being good at what we do, and doing what we love.
The couple connected through their shared passion for community building, designing creative events, and having fun together with friends and family. After Joy's health scare and surgery a year ago, they are especially happy to be celebrating their wedding with family, friends, and a large community of supporters.
Fun Facts: Joy is a vegetarian and her favorite color is pink. Jacob has been a juggler since he was 10 years old, and is always looking for creative ways to make people laugh and smile together.
In addition to donating on Crowdrise, please help share this link with your family, friends, and colleagues. If you are a non-profit or community advocate currently working on hunger or related initiatives, we would love to learn more about how we can help!
Thank you for your energy and support!