BENEFITING: Irish International Immigrant Center Inc
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
An Irish immigrant himself, on Sunday, November 6, 2016, James McGlennon is dedicating his running of the New York City Marathon to the Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC). Every year the IIIC helps over 3,000 low-income immigrant and refugee families from more than 120 nations by providing free legal, wellness and education services.
At a time when options are limited, and anti-immigrant sentiment here and across the globe is on the rise, the IIIC continues to be a beacon of hope for immigrant and refugee families in Greater Boston. Now, more than ever, we need to stay true to the values of hospitality and social justice by welcoming and supporting immigrant and refugee families.
Originally from County Galway, in Ireland, James McGlennon is Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Liberty Mutual Insurance and is a member of the IIIC's Advisory Board.
Join James in making sure the IIIC remains a safe, welcoming place for the families and children we serve. Help us raise as much as we can by November 6th. Every dollar you donate will go to helping immigrant and refugee families.
- $35 can purchase a resource book for a student in our English for Speakers of Other Languages class!
- $100 can provide the expert guidance to help one Legal Permanent Resident become a United States Citizen!
- $250 can provide essential support services for one Irish summer student here in New England!
- $500 can underwrite counseling sessions for one struggling individual in our Wellness program!
- $2,500 will provide essential legal services to help reunite an immigrant or refugee family!
For more information about the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit www.iiicenter.org.