• Go to the “Join a Team” tab on the main PUC registration page, enter your state, and select an event by city and/or event name.
• Use the MeetUp app to find a team near you. Log in or create a FREE MeetUp account, then search for a Pushups For Charity event within a radius of your zip code. Not all captains use MeetUp – check PushupsForCharity.com for a complete list.
Captains purchase the host package and have access to training and marketing materials, set up the fundraising page for his/her team, receive PUC t-shirts, lead event promotions, and share these assets as needed with their team.
Individuals joining a team can attend an event hosted by a captain or participate virtually. In either case, team members fundraise for the team, share the fundraiser via social media, and join our#IPushFor social media campaign.
Join a team that will be hosting a virtual event. You can fundraise for them and participate in their PUC event live on Periscope. Watch our Boot Campaign Facebook page for announcements when these events are added. You can also search “virtual” in the search bar when you click on “Join a Team” to see what teams are available with this option.
We encourage ALL participants to join our #IPushFor social media campaign using the template in the Tool Kits and on the website, so that you can share with the world what YOU push for!
With over 200 events taking place this year, we may not have a representative in your area, but we’re happy to check. Please note that requesting a Hero Ambassador or BC rep will incur expenses, so please be prepared to cover all travel and lodging. These cannot be paid for with proceeds from your event.
We provide guidelines and tools to help, you choose what works for YOU. Here are some examples:
• Secure event sponsorships from local businesses. A local sponsorship deck is located in the Captains Took Kit.
• Collect donations to support your overall efforts. “Sponsor me at $25, $50, or $75 to do as many pushups as I can in 90 seconds.”
• Invite people to pledge a certain amount per pushup. “Pledge $1 per pushup I complete.”
• Sell t-shirts and other merchandise. An event lead package is available at the wholesale cost of $50. You can sell the koozies, bracelets, and dog tags for $3 to $5 each.
We encourage donations to be made through your Classy page, but some people may donate by cash or check. Please send ALL money you collect to the below address. Be SURE to put the full event name (State, City: Event Name) in the memo section of each check so that your money is credited to the correct event. Please do not send cash, instead use a cashier’s check, money order, or personal check.
Attn: Pushups for Charity
5755 Eagles Nest Blvd. Building 4 Suite 2
Tyler, TX 75703