BENEFITING: MYTEAM TRIUMPH
EVENT DATE: Nov 10, 2012
Family and friends, as you know I have been very dedicated to supporting challenged athletes through the non-profit I volunteer with, myTEAM TRIUMPH, an athletic mentoring program for challenged athletes.
This November, I will be dedicating to a BIG EFFORT to demonstrate my passion!!! I will push Captain Jacob SOLO for the entire 26.2 miles of the Backward Cellcom Green Bay Marathon!
I am very excited and proud to be doing my 1st actual marathon with Captain Jacob! Some of you may know that I did the Green Bay 6 Hour Ultra Marathon this past June where I ran 26.4 miles. Funny how I did an Ultra before I ever did a Marathon, but then again, I am not always the most conventional athlete! I believe that I was meant to do that Ultra first, because I was unknowingly preparing for my adventure with Jacob!
Captain Jacob, well what can I say about him? His spirit is so encouraging and amazing! He is like a little brother to me. I suppose we do seem like siblings when we tease each other. At the post –race celebrations, we find something goofy to do or say. For example, one time I told him that if he takes off his shoes at Texas Roadhouse, that I will hang them from the ceiling fans. I did accidentally teach him a new “skill.” If you’re familiar with the game “Look” or “See-food”, now Jacob knows how to do that too. So needless to say, Jacob and I are going to have an incredible journey for the Backward Cellcom Green Bay Marathon. His spirit and humor will provide me with the energy to be his legs, because he will be the heart of the team. Some may say that I am pushing him, but really he is pushing me. Thank you to the Vandenberg family for the time and devotion you provide to myTEAM TRIUMPH!
You can get involved in a fun way to support my goal of raising $1000 for myTEAM TRIUMPH
By donating a certain level I will make the run a little more interesting:
- $30: Jacob and I will dance! Name your song (i.e. Chicken Dance). We will dance during the race, film it and post it to our mTTwi facebook page
- $50: Piggyback Ride Finish! I will give Jacob a piggyback ride ride to Jacob across the finish line!
- $75: Ice Cream Rest Stop! Join Jacob and I for ice cream during the run at Dairy Queen on the course. Ice Cream on is on us!
- $100: Crazy outfit! Pick your costume (i.e. Clown Suit,
- $>100 (Custom): Your Challenge! Have a crazy idea that you'd like to see? Donate more than $100 and name your challenge!
- THE ULTIMATE!!! $1000: Thanksgiving Parade! We will build a Mayflower float to cover the stroller. I will run in a Pilgrim outfit while Jacob will dress up in an Indian costume. We will run the entire 26.2 mile marathon!
Join in the fun! Come out and run with us for some or all of the event!
Photos and videos of the race will be posted on the myTEAM TRIUMPH facebook page