BENEFITING: A Safe Place, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Jun 28, 2015
Jason Graziadei wrote -
EVENT DATE: Saturday JUNE 28, 2015 at Children's Beach
10:00AM registration, 10:30 AM walk
“You can’t really understand another person’s experience until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is an event designed to raise awareness about violence against women by asking men and boys to literally walk a mile in women’s shoes – high heeled shoes (OK it doesn't have to be high-heels, you just have to walk!). It’s not easy to walk in these shoes, but it’s fun and will help the Nantucket community think and talk about some difficult issues: gender relations and men’s sexual violence against women.
Men have the option of walking solo, or with a team (e.g., friends, family, co-workers, teammates, etc.). Each walker will be required to pay a $20 registration fee and raise at least $100 to walk, although higher fundraising goals are strongly encouraged! Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Nantucket is organized by A Safe Place, Inc. and all of the proceeds from the walk will go directly to A Safe Place.
Questions? Feel free to contact A Safe Place by phone (508-228-0561) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men and boys of all ages are welcome - walk solo or with a team.
- Participants MUST register by June 1st to ensure a t-shirt in their size.
- Men are responsible for finding their own pair of high heeled shoes. Many online retailers (e.g., Amazon) sell large sized high heel shoes.
- For more information about Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Nantucket visit: www.facebook.com/WalkAMileInHerShoesNantucket.
- For more general information about Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Events, visit: www.walkamileinhershoes.org. Licensed by Frank Baird & Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®
- For more information about A Safe Place's programs and services, visit: www.asafeplacenantucket.org