Jason's Journey to beat cancer
Organized by: Steve Acker
On October 24, 2014 Jason Coahran heard the words that no one wants to hear… You have Stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma. Jason is 37 years old. He is a wonderful husband and father of 3 to Kiera, age 16, Caimen, age 11 and Cameron, age 8. He’s also a talented musician and coaches his son’s youth football team. He was the sole support for his family of 5, working 12 hour days while his lovely wife Kelly finishes her last year of nursing school. He has been unable to work since starting treatment in November 2014. Even with health insurance, their savings will not carry them for long.
I told Jason that if I was going to interrupt God from helping Notre Dame with their football season, I sure better be willing to do something myself. By getting out there to push myself to do things I could not do in the past, I hope that this is just one of many things I can do for Jason and his family.
1) Chicago Rock n Roll half marathon - July 19th
2) Run for Veterans - July 26th
3) Rock the night 5K - July 30th
4) Chicago Transamerica Triathlon- August 30th
5) Chicago Marathon - October 11th
6) Half Ironman Triathlon Austin TX- November 8th (Pending I make it through the Chicago Triathlon)