Javier lost everything in a fire while rescuing children
Organized by: Javier Corea Umana
This past Thursday night (May 5) Javier’s apartment building caught on fire below his apartment. The landlord had not repaired the smoke detectors and Javier woke up to flames and smoke out side his apartment. Rather than run out, he heard children upstairs still in their apartment with their parents. He ran upstairs to get them out of the building. By the time they were safe he had no choice but to jump from the 2nd story. He managed not to break any bones but sustained burns on his face and arms. He is currently at Mass General getting the best care possible. When he is discharged he will have no apartment, no clothes no belongings at all. Please do what you can, or maybe just a bit more to help Javier get his life back in order. He has a long road ahead and we should make sure he does not have to worry about the basics of food, shelter, and clothing.