Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $59.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Otis Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play Program in the fall of 2009.
- Located in the West Town neighborhood in Chicago and has 625 students.
- 75% of the school population is hispanic and 20% is African American. 96% come from low-income households.
- Urban Initiatives’ program reinforces the work done in the classrooms at Otis by contributing to holistic child development. Their programs engage each participant and their families to represent their community with pride as they implement health and character lessons at home.
- Coach Sifuentes leads fantastic team discussions at the end of practices and games. The players are always excited to talk about the healthy foods they’ve eaten all week, and they’re quick to compliment each others’ performances.