Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $59.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Walsh Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play Program in the spring of 2011.
- Located in the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago and has 452 students.
- 90% of the school population is hispanic. 91% come from low-income households.
- Walsh strives to promote self-discipline, motivation, and excellence in learning by emphasizing common academic goals and standards. The Walsh community values program providers like Urban Initiatives as being key to their ability to continue reaching their goals.
- Walsh loves watching real soccer games so they can learn soccer strategy. With favorite teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona, Walsh’s team has lots of talent to learn from.