Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $59.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Ward Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play Program in the fall of 2013.
- Located in the Armour Square neighborhood in Chicago and has 514 students.
- 61% of the school population is Asian, 22% is African American, and 12% is hispanic. 84% come from low-income households.
- Ward’s teachers and administration develop and address the social and emotional needs of students through school-wide initiatives. Urban Initiatives is a prominent partner in Ward’s efforts to educate the whole child.
- The team at Ward loves playing games at practice, but their favorite is Crazy Crab Soccer. They could scurry around like crabs for the entire practice!