Official fundraising page of of the 2015 Drumstick Dash. All money raised is tax-deductible and will provide meals and care to homeless men, women, and children at Wheeler Mission this holiday season.
This Thanksgiving, nearly 1,700 people in central Indiana will spend the day homeless. We believe that nobody in our community should be without food, shelter, and warmth, and especially during the holidays.
1. Shoestring Club - Raising $200 gets you into the Athletic Annex "Shoestring Club". Club members will be recognized with custom neon shoelaces from Brooks during the Expo and Packet Pick-up, complete with a complimentary lace-up so you can show your support during the race!
Club members do so much good for the homeless that they also gain access into a private fundraising evening at the new Athletic Annex Broad Ripple location, where you'll receive $20 off any purchases of $50 or more! Athletic Annex will donate 20% of the sales for this event to Wheeler Mission.
2. Turkey Hat Club - Raise $500 and you'll also receive a FREE turkey hat to wear during the race!
3. VIP Club - VIP packages will be given to our top 10 individual fundraisers! Package includes:
- 2 entries into the heated and catered VIP/Celebrity tent, located near the Start Line!
- VIP Parking Pass!
- Recognition during the start of the race!
Also! - The Top Fundraising Individual and the Top Fundraising Team take home the annual traveling turkey trophy to hold for one year!
How to get started:
Already registered for the 2015 Drumstick Dash? Creat your own Fund-Racing team or click on one of the existing teams to join them in raising critical funds for our city’s most desperate people.
Haven’t registered for the Drumstick Dash yet? Register Here. After you register, you will be directed back here to begin your individual or team Fund Racing page.
Once you start your Fund-Racing page, upload a fun picture and write a few words about why you're raising money for the homeless this Thanksgiving, and then send your page out to your friends and family, inviting them to donate to Wheeler Mission. Every $2.25 raised provides a meal to someone in need.
Testimony from our 2014 Top Fundraiser, Elizabeth Baumgardt:
“Every Year on Thanksgiving morning thousands of people join together in an effort to support our homeless community. This event, The Drumstick Dash, benefiting Wheeler Mission Ministries, is to me "Thanksgiving". The event, the participants, the cause, and the very people who make this opportunity to serve possible, have a tremendous impact on me each year. There is no greater joy than being just a small part of giving in such a big way. Each year I stand in amazement knowing that the thousands with me on Thanksgiving morning are each responsible for feeding homeless individuals. Each person’s registration just helped 12 people. That is in itself incredible! It is so much more than a gift of food, it is a gift of HOPE and LOVE. I have participated in the ‘fund-racing' the past two years now and am further amazed by the outpouring of support I have received. My first year I set a goal of $100 thinking how tremendous that would be! I raised $750!! So, this year I set a new goal of $1,000.00 and I well surpassed that. It takes some effort, of course, but just think if every person out there committed to fund-racing for Wheeler Mission. Imagine each of 15,000 + people raising just an additional $100. We, as a community, can do amazing things! I have made the Drumstick Dash my Thanksgiving tradition, as have many, for the last several years and will continue to do so. I hope more people will join me in the fund-racing. It is easy, it is fun, and nothing could be more rewarding!
See you out there! God Bless!”
• Fund Racing prize deadline is 9AM on Monday, November 23.
• Individual prizes given to individual fund-racers only (if more than one person is using a single account, you may be inelligable for individual prizes)
• No purchase necessary to win prizes. You do not have to participate in the Drumstick Dash in order to Fund-Race.
• Details subject to change.
All donations are tax-deductible. A donation receipt will be emailed to you from CrowdRise.
Donors may make checks payable to "Drumstick Dash" and turn them in to the Wheeler Mission table at the Drumstick Dash Expo or at the event.