More than 1.9 million people in Illinois are facing hunger. It’s true – and it’s unacceptable. Our state's lawyers are stepping up to the challenge.
Thanks to the leadership of Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) President John E. Thies and Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, the legal community is mobilizing to raise a million meals to help our state's hungry families.
We are excited about our pilot year, and we hope you will join our efforts!
How it works: Lawyers Feeding Illinois Begins February 18th, 2013 and ends March 1st, 2013. Teams of lawyers, firms, law schools, and other legal organizations will compete for points by collecting monetary and food donations during the campaign. At the end of the campaign, winners will be declared in several award categories.
100% of all donations, net of processing fees for credit card donations and campaign-related expenses, will support your team's regional food bank, so your contribution directly supports your local community. Learn more about the food bank serving your area here.
Here how points will be awarded: (Learn more about why we award points this way.)
- 1 point is given for every pound of food collected.
- 5 points are given for every dollar raised.
- 100 points are given if an organization registers by December 17.
- 100 points are given as a onetime bonus if your organization delivers your collected food to yourdesignated drop-off location.
How to get involved: Click REGISTER to sign up for the event. Check to see if your team has already been registered. If it has, join it! If not, create a new team. When you're finished with the registration process, you'll receive a confirmation email containing the following:
- A link to your unique fundraising page. You can share this link with anyone you like to support your local food bank.
- A link to your Team Toolkit, which includes marketing materials, contact information, comprehensive instructions for collecting and reporting food and fund donations, and other important materials.
Check back here occassionally for an update on our progress toward our goal and to see who else has signed up. In the meantime, recruit your colleagues to join in the fun!
I just want to donate! If you aren't starting a team and wish to make a contribution, click DONATE. You will have the option of designating your gift to a participating team.