17 field trips are scheduled!
March 03, 2016
Together, we can bring all 1,154 fourth graders from public schools in Richmond, CA to Rosie the Riveter/World War II Home Front National Historical Park, including a 1 mile walk along the beautiful San Francisco Bay Trail.
We’ve already raised $6,700 but need an additional $14,000 to cover the expense of transporting all 1,154 Richmond fourth graders to the park.
For many of the students and their families, this will be a first-ever national park experience. This will launch the first annual Every Kid in a Park-Richmond partnership between UC Berkeley, West Contra Costa Unified School District, the National Park Service, Rosie the Riveter Trust and Groundwork Richmond! UC Berkeley student interns will be trained by the park service rangers to help lead the 4th graders through their learning experiences in the park. This visit will inspire all Richmond 4th graders annually to visit parks as a life-long pastime!
- $10 can get one student bus transportation to the park
- $20 will get them round-trip transportation back to school
- $25 will cover the cost of round-trip transportation plus insurance for the student for the day
- $100 will get 4 students to the park for the day
- $500 will pay for a class of 25 students to visit the park
To learn more, visit the CA Outdoor Engagement Coalition website: outdoor-engagement.cnr.berkeley.edu