Help Make JESSIE'S HAVEN a Nonprofit Organization - A 501c3
Organized by: FJ Alexander
FJ Alexander via Crowdrise
February 04, 2015
• Georgia's current minimum wage is $7.25/hour
• A person making minimum wage would have to work at least 85 hours a week for 52 weeks per year in order to afford a 2-bedroom apartment at current Fair Market rate
• More than 10,000 people in metro Atlanta experience homelessness on a nightly basis
• Over 40% of them are women and children
• Single mothers with minor children is the fastest growing segment of the homeless population
• The shortage of beds in shelters is increasing rapidly
There is a shortage of transitional and long-term housing available to homeless working mothers with minor children. JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC will help to close this gap and to give single working mothers a peace of mind, stability and the opportunity to regain their independence.
JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC was created to help eradicate the homeless issue in the United States; starting with Atlanta, Georgia. The organization is named after the Founder/Executive Director's - FJ Alexander - Grandmother. JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC will be helping homeless working mothers with minor children regain their independence and have a place to call home. JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC will offer transitional and long-term housing to single mothers with minor children who are employed, but cannot afford housing at the Fair Market Rate.
JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC's mission is to help eliminate the growing number of homeless working mothers with minor children through education and empowerment.
JESSIE'S HAVEN, INC is in its beginning stages and is looking to raise start-up funds in the amount of $5,000 to make it a nonprofit organization. All donations received will be used to cover initial expenses associated with creating a nonprofit organization to include:
• Federal 501 (c)(3) filing preparation and fees
• Office equipment and supplies
• Website maintenance
Any size donation is appreciated and accepted!