Below is our story.. For even more wonderful details also visit www.beardedyogi.com
See that blue button at the top right of the page, the one that says JOIN? By clicking it, you are guaranteeing so many things, and all of them make Valentine's weekend 2014 the memorable, beautiful, real, and downright fun thing you've done in awhile. It's about LOVE, and the word is not taken lightly. That's promising a lot!
Please join Jason Patrick, a.k.a. Bearded Yogi, in a celebration of epic proportions at The Breslin’s Liberty Hall, at the Ace Hotel on February 15-16. Two days of transformational yoga, connecting with ourselves and other remarkable people, gourmet food, artisanal cocktails, live performance, celebrity guest speakers, dancing, and much more. Let Jason and his list of sponsors and friends take you out for a weekend of celebrating the meaning of karma yoga, or selfless giving. The event will be a lavish display of appreciation for your own gift, the mere price of registering to attend Big Love Weekend.
BIG LOVE has been lovingly curated to spotlight God’s Love We Deliver (God’s Love) and help this amazing non-sectarian organization cook and deliver 10,000 nutritious meals to individuals living with life-altering illness. Initially an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutritional counseling for people living with over 200 diagnosed severe illnesses. Meals are tailored for individual clients, cooked, and delivered to them, their families, and caregivers free of charge for over 28 years, without ever having a waiting list.
JOIN NOW to purchase your ticket for BIG LOVE WEEKEND, then invite your loved ones to share in the fun, and in the cycle of good karma yoga. Let's make this Valentine's weekend about real love. What better way to love than to give? Collectively, we can easily raise our fundraising goal of $100,000, and supply 10,000 meals.
BIG LOVE WELLNESS DAY on Saturday, February 15 (11:00am - 5:00pm)
- Puja ceremony guided by K. Krishnan Namboodiri, a Tantric Vedic priest from the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas
- Talk by Gabrielle Bernstein, the author Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self Love and Miracles
- A gentle, Hatha-inspired yoga practice led by Britton Darby (instructor and co-owner, Modo Yoga NYC) with live music performed by Sarah Neufeld (violinist, Arcade Fire) and Rebecca Foon (cellist, Saltland)
- Talk by Jason Patrick and the folks at God’s Love We Deliver, nourished with yummy snacks courtesy of The Breslin.
- An invigorating Vinyasa/Flow-based yoga practice led by Dina Tsouluhas (instructor and co-owner, Moksha Yoga Montreal) and Guillaume Brun (instructor and co-owner of Modo Yoga, NYC) with beats provided by DJ Natasha Blank (The Get Down, Cielo)
BIG LOVE BIRTHDAY BASH & DANCE PARTY on Sunday, February 16
BIG LOVE BIRTHDAY BASH (7.30pm-10:30pm)
- Talks by Jason Patrick and the folks at God’s Love We Deliver
- Food and drink catered by the Breslin Bar & Dining Room
- Live music, with performances by Pharoahs, Christine Cole, Robert Locke, Anny Finnestad
BIG LOVE DANCE PARTY (10:30pm-3:00am)
- Kicked off with a live performance by Sarah Neufeld (Arcade Fire) and Rebecca Foon (Saltland)
- Beats provided by DJ Andre and DJ Natasha Blank (The Get Down, Cielo)
Raise at least $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET and you'll automatically win a Three-Class Package for Modo Yoga NYC.
Be the highest donor from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET and you'll automatically win an Unlimited One-Year Membership to Modo Yoga NYC.
First 200 people to raise $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET will automatically win a $50 Gift Certificate to any of La Columbe's Three NYC Locations.
First 5 people to raise $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET will automatically win a 2-Day Juice Cleanse from Juice Press.