RIDING ALC2016 RUNNING THE 2017 SF MARATHON TO END AIDS!!
Its the look of 'YIKES! I just signed up, at age 46, to wake up on July 23rd, sometime likely around 3AM, to start running at 5:30 AM 26.2 miles'.
I will be starting my training soon, and while I am doing that, I will also be raising much needed funds to support the services of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
We're living in a weird time. Federal funds for caring for those most in need will most likely be cut by this new administration. Now more than ever does the SF AIDS Foundation need our help.
The money raised by my effort will benefit The SF AIDS Foundation, helping them to provide essential services for prevention and care to those who have no where else to turn to. Government funding provides some resources to deliver vital services, but its through donations like yours that bridge the funding gap and allows SFAF to expand critical services beyond current goverment funding limitations to fully serve those in need.
So, will you please help me support SFAF by donating to my San Francisco Marathon fundraising effort and giving what you can?
- $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
- $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
- $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
- $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
- $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
- $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
- $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
- $100 helps provide a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients
- $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
- $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Together, we'll keep running -- AND riding -- until AIDS and HIV are a thing of the past.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Joel 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Joel this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Joel. Thanks to your vote, Joel earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.