Andrew Zimmern via Crowdrise
November 26, 2012
I couldn’t be more proud to join Jonah Hill and the rest of the team to support Fuck Cancer.
Fuck Cancer is an incredible movement that is dedicated to educating people about early detection, prevention and communication of cancer.
Join the movement and help Fuck Cancer win the Firefox Challenge. If we raise the most out of all of the fundraisers here, we'll win a $50,000 donation from Mozilla Firefox that will go directly to Fuck Cancer.
Let me fill you in on why Fuck Cancer is so awesome. Just last year, Fuck Cancer created approximately 1 billion educational resources, a new interactive website, and partnered up with organizations like Women's Health Magazine, Men's Health Magazine and Funny or Die to create campaigns geared toward activating Generation Y to find cancer when it’s most curable. In 2013, they'll build tools and resources that support the emotional side of cancer, not just the physical. In order to do so, they need our help.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Donate No donation is too big or too small.
2. Join the team Create your own page. Tell your friends, your family and everybody else about Fuck Cancer.
3. Spread the word Share this on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and wherever else you socialize.
Plus, I'll be giving away some awesome prizes to donors. Here is what you will get if you donate:
• $500 or more: Personalized signed copy of Andrew Zimmern's Field Guide to Exceptionally Weird, Wild & Wonderful Foods and a Bizarre Foods Asia DVD.
• $1000 or more: Personal thank you via Skype from me, Andrew Zimmern.
• $5000 or more: Two (2) tickets to my food truck event at the next New York City Wine & Food Festival, plus a VIP backstage meet & greet. Information on this year’s event here.
Your help is greatly appreciated.