BENEFITING: MYTEAM TRIUMPH
AinsleysAngels.org is thrilled to partner with TEAM Jones and invite you to read their story (to include the photo gallery to the left) and support their mission to "Pay it Forward", as they accomplish the Lincoln Marathon!
Meet GRANDPA Jones
John Joseph Jones was born Nov 17, 1939. Was an engineer for DuPont after he got out of college in 1962. Moved around to 6 states (being transferred) until about 1970 then he got the calling to become a minister. He was preaching for some 18 years when he was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. This was hard and he eventually had to stop preaching. He was not going to let that get him down so he started running. His serious running with MS went from 1993 till 2005 before the disease caught up with him. In that stretch of running he completed 6 full marathons (one was the New York Marathon) and 9 half marathons. He also ran multiple races in Lincoln NE that were not Marathons. Grandpa currently can hardly get from his chair to the bathroom in minutes time as he walks with a walker for the past few years and has been hospitalized multiple time with some mini strokes and M.S. attacks.
Meet GRANDSON Jones
John Joseph Jones ll was born April 8, 1993 and was named after his Grandpa. He grew up watching his grandpa run and decided at an early age that his grandpa was cool and running was cool also. So, they started running 5k and 10k races together in Lincoln NE and later four half marathons together (Lincoln and Omaha NE). Grandson John continued running thru High School and currently runs for Nebraska Wesleyan College. This his Junior year of college he asked his coach if he could cut the last part of the season and run the Lincoln Marathon with his Grandpa on May 4th 2014. Coach said yes...
PAYING IT FORWARD
Once Coach approved, TEAM Jones sought and received permission from the already sold out Lincoln Marathon to join the field! Now their energy shifted to finding the equipment required to accomplish the mission. They went to many local bike shops and no one had any ideas. Finally, they stumbled upon their local Scheels Store. One of the managers came down and said they would be happy to help them get a Freedom Push Chair. Retailing for $900.00, TEAM Jones now aims to PAY IT FORWARD by partnering with Ainsley's Angels of America to help another team get a Freedom Push Chair!
In addition to enjoying this video http://www.klkntv.com/story/25360278/lincoln-marathon-runner-brings-grandfather-along-for-the-ride
Here are a few more options:
1. Click the orange button in the upper right of this page make a tax deductible donation of $20.00 or $50.00 right now to assist in this PAY IT FORWARD mission to ensure others can experience the thrill of crossing a road race finish line!
2. E-mail email@example.com for a link to make a donation using PayPay and/or for a mailing address should you prefer to donate by check. We will ensure all donations appear on this page as off-line donations.
3. Help to spread our message by visiting this link to purchase the children’s book, Born an Angel, written by Ainsley’s 12-year old sister and donate it to a local elementary school library!
4. Visit and follow on Instagram and Twitter: @ainsleys_angels
5. Lastly, we invite you to enjoy this USA TODAY Video Story