"I'm fundraising for the JCJ Fellowship because I want to support fellow trainers of color to gain experience with TFC's direct education approach. POC spaces for co-learning and growth are vital for our movements. Thanks for contributing and making it possible!"
-Zein Nakhoda, fundraising with the TFC Board
TRAINING FOR CHANGE wrote:
The path to racial justice and social change requires a long-term commitment to change and support for grassroots movements on many different fronts. Our Judith C. Jones Fellowship for Trainers of Color is just one way that we're doing that -- and with great results!
Watch the video to the left to hear from some of our past and current fellows about how the Fellowship has impacted their work and their development as trainers!
This year’s Fellows are creating tools for organizing and action with immigrant rights activists, training organizers working on progressive issues in the south, and working with youth to develop leadership skills.
The Judith C. Jones Fellowship provides an opportunity for the Fellows to get monthly one-on-one mentorship and coaching, support to develop new tools and articles, and quarterly webinars on themes such as coalition building, intergenerational organizing, and writing as a liberation practice.
You Can Make a Difference, Will You Help Us?
Making a long-term investment in advancing the leadership of trainers and organizers of color working at the grassroots level to build power, skills, and knowledge in their communities is a priority for us. We need your support to raise $3,000 in the next six weeks to support our ability to offer this program again next year. Here's what your money supports:
- $25 pays for the orientation materials for one Fellow
- $30 pays for one of the monthly coaching/mentorship sessions
- $50 pays for the development of one of our quarterly webinars
- $200 provides a scholarship for a Fellow to attend one of our weekend-long workshops
- $360 sponsors coaching sessions for a Fellow for the entire year
- $500 provides a travel/personal development stipend for one Fellow
And, as a "Special Thanks!" to our Donors..
We're offering incentives!
- Make a donation of any amount and you get access to the April JCJ Newsletter
- Make a $15 donation and you get access to the April JCJ Newsletter and the link to the JCJ music mixtape created by JCJ Fellows
- Make a donation of $50 and you get the JCJ Newsletter, Mixtape, and a folder of Training for Change tools not included on our website
- Make a donation of $100 and you'll receive the JCJ Newsletter, Mixtape, and an 11x14 poster made by artist, trainer, and JCJ co-coordinator Shreya Shah (photo of the poster is in the slideshow)
- Make a donation of $500 include the JCJ Newsletter, Mixtape, folder of training tools, as well as copies of Dismantle: An Anthology of Writing from the VONA/Voices Writing Workshop, Building a Movement to end the New Jim Crow: An Organizing Guide, and a pdf of Opening Space for Democracy
- Make a donation of $1000 and you'll receive a workshop fee waiver for one of our 2.5 day public workshops (Transferable)
If you prefer to give by check, those can be sent to:
Training for Change
P.O. Box 30914
Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Can’t donate? You can support by posting the link to our fundraising campaign on your Facebook or Twitter account. You can also send an email to your friends and colleagues with the link and make a personal ask for them to give.
Thanks so much for your support!