Help us Help those in need succeed...
David, 8 – doesn’t dream about meeting a football star or being a superhero, David dreams about not having to find dinner for himself and his little brother in the neighbor’s garbage cans and one day having a bed of his own.
Alyssa, 6 – doesn’t dream about owning a pony or getting a new doll, Alyssa dreams about having a family to love her and a place to call home.
Edward, 18 – dreams that one day he will find work at a place that understands his “special abilities” so he can earn money just like his big brother.
Connor, 4 and Colin, 5 – Connor and Colin’s parents dream that their children, diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, will learn the everyday life skills necessary to be successful and happy.
More than just hope, Judson Center offers help...
Judson Center helps those in need succeed. Founded in 1924, Judson Center has evolved into a premier non-profit organization serving children and their families in southeast Michigan coping with serious issues in their lives. For 90 years, Judson Center has been changing the destiny and restoring childhood for children who have been abused and neglected, and others who are challenged by developmental disabilities, severe emotional impairments, and autism spectrum disorders.
Today, we provide programs in four cause areas: Autism, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare, and Disability Services. Our reputation for excellence and innovation makes us the go-to-agency even when others have given up. Whether teaching a parent skills that promote family strength and stability, helping a child with autism develop language and social skills, or supporting independence for a person with disabilities, we deliver solutions for those facing tough challenges.
Last year alone, we were privileged to serve 6,500 of our region's most vulnerable citizens. In 2013:
- 6,500 children and families improved their lives
- 529 children with autism developed new social and life skills
- 39 children found the love of foreverfamilies through our adoption program
- 1,138 youth participated in the Michigan Adoption Resource Exchange
- 144 foster children were safely tucked into bed for 22,768 days of care
- 844 children at risk of removal from home remained safely with their families
- 604 individuals received life changing mental health services
- 21 youth received intensive psychiatric services through our residential program
- 18 adults with disabilities were able to live as independently as possible in the community
- 246 adults with disabilities enjoyed the dignity of work in the community
- 187 families received 4,056 days of loving respite care for a family member with a disability
Judson Center is a non-profit human service agency that rescues, restores, and improves the lives of children, adults and families in need in our community. Since opening its doors in 1924, Judson Center has grown to serve more than 6,500 children, adults and families each year.
Autism Connections Child & Family Services Disability Services Mental Health Services
4410 W. 13 Mile Road · Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-4339 · www.judsoncenter.org