BENEFITING: DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS USA INC
Hello! I've been very lucky and fortunate - I've received gifts and cakes from you guys on my birthday for the past 21 years, so I'd like to do something different this year, by donating my birthday for a good cause.
Doctors Without Borders (or Médecins Sans Frontières, MSF USA) provides medical aid to countries with conflict zones and epidemics etc. They currently operate in countries such as South Sudan, Nepal, Central African Republic, Afghanistan and Syria. For more information on countries they operate in, head over here.
Other facts I gathered for you:
- Doctors Without Borders has a transparency and accountability score of 92 out of 100 as tabulated by CharityNavigator
- More recently, the Doctors Without Borders emergency trauma hospital was hit by aerial attacks and burnt in Afghanistan (Oct 2015).
- Crowdrise was chosen as it proved to be the most established giving platform. It is used by a number of celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Will Ferrell and Eminem.
What I know about the donations: (Please read!)
- Donations will be processed in US Dollars (see here)
- All donations will go directly to Doctors Without Borders
- CrowdRise accepts Visa, Mastercard or American Express (see here)
- *Note: If you do donate, the Optional Processing Fee (see 2nd photo after the Doctors Without Borders logo) on the donation page is basically any donation fee you want to make to CrowdRise (not Doctors Without Borders).
You can select any amount, e.g. no I don't wanna = 0% or okay=10%. It will be added on top of the donation. If you don't want to donate to Crowdrise, just go to Optional Processing Fee > select Edit > 0%
(aka USD$ 0). Let me know if you need help with this. :)
I would be really grateful and humbled if you donated to Doctors Without Borders, instead of buying me meals/gifts. If you have any questions about this, feel free to message me through Whatsapp or on FB messenger. I'd be glad to tell you more about it. ;)
Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday through this!