We need your help to help local children realize their full potential!
April 11, 2016
BENEFITING: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Apr 24, 2016
My teammates and I are walking a 5K to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County. This year more than 500 local children will be matched with mentors who will change their lives! It costs money to find, screen, train, match, and supervise these volunteer mentors with their Little Brothers and Sisters so we're working to offset some of those costs.
Some of the demonstrated risk factors of the children Big Brothers Big Sisters serves include:
• 50% are from single female parent homes;
• 10% are residing with non parental guardians;
• 84% live at or below the poverty line;
• 15% are the child of an incarcerated parent;
• 62% have a family history of substance abuse;
• 5% have already had juvenile court contact;
• 39% are minorities; and
• More than 50% have a history of child abuse in their families of origin.
Thank you for any donation you can provide to help change the lives of these children!