Equality Now, Inc. wrote -
Equality Now is an international human rights advocacy organization, with offices in New York, Nairobi and London, committed to ending violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world. It was among the first international organizations to develop advocacy campaigns to protect the fundamental rights of women and girls.
10 Reasons to Support Equality Now on #GivingTuesday
1. Soheir was 13 when a doctor killed her in Egypt two years ago. He was sentenced to two years but has not spent a single night in prison. Equality Now is helping to put pressure on Egypt to arrest him and revoke his medical license.
2. In Paraguay, Mainumby, an 11 year old rape victim has been failed by her state. Equality Now is working to ensure that she gets justice.
3. Since 2000, over half of the sexist laws highlighted by Equality Now have been repealed or amended. However, anti-women laws still exist around the globe. Equality Now is working to fix all #UnsexyLaws!
4. Salwa Bughaighis was murdered in Libya last year for peacefully defending the rights of women. Fighting for equality should not equal death - Equality Now is demanding justice for Salwa!
5. Over 500,000 women have been affected by FGM in the United States: Equality Now and its partners is calling on the US government to show leadership and enact a national action plan immediately!
6. The Sustainable Development Goals must have global indicators on both FGM and ‘child marriage'. Equality Now is working to ensure that girls are not left behind!
7. After 70 years, it is Time for a Woman Secretary-General of the UN, Equality Now is helping to make that happen.
8. The sexual abuse of children, often referred to as “child marriage” affects 28 girls every single minute. Equality Now is working to #EndChildMarriage and ensure #JusticeForGirls.
9. Kenya is leading the way on ending FGM, but progress needs to be accelerated. Equality Now is working with partners to make Kenya the first country in the world to protect every single girl at risk.
10. Equality Now works to change laws that are harmful to women and girls around the world. Learn more, watch the video, I'm Just a Law' video and spread the word about #UnsexyLaws!