BENEFITING: EDGE OUTREACH INC
JOIN US AS WE GO. . .OVER THE EDGE ...
WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR 50TH BIRTHDAY BY ENSURING MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS FOR THOSE IN NEED OF CLEAN WATER
We are raising money for Edge Outreach to provide safe drinking water around the world.
Here are some of the reasons to we chose this cause:
- If no human action is taken, as many as 135,000,000 will die from water-related diseases by the year 2020.
- A child dies every fifteen seconds due to unsafe drinking water, poor sanitation and hygiene.
- 80% of all sickness in the world is attributable to unsafe water and sanitation.
- Women and female children spend more than 200 million hours each day collecting water from distant often polluted sources.
- In the world's poorest countries - over 5,000 children each die each day. Poor water contribute to almost 90% of these deaths.
- Every year, an estimated 19 million children under five die from diarrheal diseases. This year, about 2,200,000 children will die of dehydration caused by diarrhea. 80% of them in the first two years of their life.
- Worldwide 884 million people live without clean water and 2.5 billion people live without toilets every day of their lives.
- People suffering from preventable diseases caused by unsafe water and inadequate sanitation occupy half of the hospital beds in the developing world.
- Current evidence shows that 1.7 million deaths could be avoided each year by providing access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene. The single most effective intervention is hand washing with soap, which would cut diarrhea deaths in half.
If we did nothing other than provide access to clean water, without any other medical intervention, we could save 2 million lives a year.
Won't you help us celebrate our birthday and raise money for this worthy cause?