EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2016
If you would rather not purchase a wedding gift, please consider donating to one of our chosen charities. We have chosen these charities because we are very passionate about the causes, and believe these are great organizations. You can help celebrate our wedding by making a donation!
"V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls*. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sex slavery.
Through V-Day campaigns, local volunteers and college students produce annual benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues; A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer; documentary film screenings (What I Want My Words To Do To You), Spotlight Teach-Ins and workshops, to raise awareness and funds for anti-violence groups within their own communities. Each year, thousands of V-Day benefit events take place produced by volunteer activists in the U.S. and around the world, educating millions of people about the reality of violence against women and girls.
*Women and girls is an inclusive term reflecting all those who were assigned and/or identify as female."
V-Day has an overall rating of 94.3 out of 100, on Charity Navigator
About Coral Reef Alliance
"CORAL takes a multi-pronged approach to restoring and protecting coral reefs in partnership with the communities living nearest the reefs. Our strategies include:
- Reducing local threats to reefs, including overfishing, poor water quality, and unsustainable development
- Helping communities benefit socially, culturally, and economically from conservation
- Improving reef management so those responsible for the creation, enforcement, and durability of protected areas have the tools and financial support they need to be successful
- Working directly with the tourism industry to decrease its environmental footprint and to educate visitors about the beauty and importance of coral reefs
- Ensuring that what we learn within our project sites has a global impact"
Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) has an overall score of 96 out of 100 on Charity Navigator.
Karen and Max