BENEFITING: MALARIA NO MORE
EVENT DATE: Nov 11, 2012
Making a big difference in this world can start by taking the first small step at home ... and that's what I'm trying to do with this event. It's my beginning contribution in the fight to end malaria. Why choose this cause to support? Here are 5 reasons:
1. Every year, 781,000 people die from malaria.
2. Every 45 seconds, a child dies from malaria.
3. Children under 5 account for 85% of malaria deaths.
4. Almost 2,000 people die in Africa daily from malaria.
5. MALARIA IS PREVENTABLE AND TREATABLE.
It only takes $10 to provide a life-saving mosquito net to a child at risk which will protect that child from contracting malaria for up to 5 years. So, I humbly ask friends and family members to donate $10 to support me in taking this first step in my race to end malaria.