I am planning to participate in an amazing educational program to Washington, D.C. and New York City next April with my friends and classmates from Yelm! We’ll spend a total of 6 days together in D.C. and New York City learning really cool things about our country. Here are some of the awesome activities that are planned for us on our Discover D.C. and NYC program:
• The Capitol: see the Rotunda and the Senate and House chambers where Congress meets
• White House: visit the most famous house in America - home to our president and the executive branch of our government
• Arlington National Cemetery: see the Changing of the Guard ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Eternal Flame at JFK’s gravesite, and the Challenger Memorial
• Wall Street: visit America's financial center, and home to the New York Stock Exchange, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Chase Manhattan Bank
• The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island: take a ferry through the New York Harbor and visit the sites that have greeted newcomers to America for hundreds of years
In order to take part in this totally unique adventure, I need to raise $2463! Please help me by sponsoring a portion of my trip. Any contribution you could make would bring me that much closer to this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Thanks so much!