In association with the Khalili Center for Bariatric Care (www.khalilicenter.com), the Khalili Foundation was launched in 2010 by a group of committed physicians who saw the critical need for direct intervention in the lives of young people (and families) who are struggling with, or at-risk for, obesity.
By working with local organizations and public schools to promote childhood obesity awareness and prevention—and connecting the at-risk population with much needed resources—The Foundation seeks to enable children and their families to make better and healthier choices in their everyday living. Our ultimate goal is to break the cycle of obesity through knowledge and empowerment.
For more information on the Khalili Foundation, please visit: www.khalilifoundation.org
OUR PROGRAMS & SERVICES:
- Healthy Living Campaign– In association with the Clinton Foundation’s Alliance For A Healthier Generation, the Khalili Foundation dispenses Physicians and Registered Dietitians directly into classrooms to teach kids on a grassroots level about effects of obesity, good nutrition and how children can take healthy living into their own hands.
- BE THE CHANGE Pedometer Campaign– Allows children and their families to walk together by providing pedometer kits with yearlong walking programs.
- Grants for Athletics / Healthy Living(Such as sponsoring LA Marathon / LA Marathon 5K Entry Fees) – The Foundation offers grants, based on need, to children / teens who demonstrate a strong desire to maintain healthy lifestyles. Examples include sponsoring Los Angeles Marathon entry fees, vouchers for fresh, organic food; stipends for sports team and gym memberships; and stipends for tools that enable healthy living, such as exercise equipment and fitness gear.
- Health Education and Resources on Obesity Prevention for Teachers, Parents and anyone else who works with children. Physicians and Registered Dietitians donate their time, expertise and resources to educate about effects of obesity, good nutrition and how children can take healthy living into their own hands.
- Bariatric Surgery & Comprehensive Aftercare Program– In extreme cases, when radical intervention is needed, the Khalili Foundation Physicians, in association with the Khalili Center for Bariatric Care, offers complimentary weight loss surgery and long-term medical and psycho-social aftercare to ensure success.
- Public Advocacy– The Foundation has an advocacy campaign dedicated to educating the general public about basic nutrition, food labeling and physical fitness—and how to create healthy lifestyle changes.