BENEFITING: American Red Cross
On Monday, May 20, a devastating tornado decimated Moore, Oklahoma, just south of Oklahoma City, causing massive destruction and destroying hundreds of homes. The massive storm, up to a mile wide and with estimated winds of at least 200 mph, flattened entire neighborhoods and destroyed Plaza Towers Elementary School, sadly killing seven students. The state medical examiner’s office has confirmed that at least 24 people have been killed, many of them children.
Clean-up efforts are underway in the wake of this deadly and destructive tornado. For those looking to help the disaster victims, the Kearney Community Service Committee (CSC) has created this fundraising page to collect donations on behalf of the American Red Cross. Since this occurrence, the American Red Cross has been continuously feeding and sheltering the victims of the storm who have lost their homes.
Kearney employees, friends, and family are welcome to make a donation to the American Red Cross by clicking on the orange “DONATE TO THIS FUNDRAISER” button to the right. There are also several other ways you can help support tornado victims, including the following:
- Make a donation by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999. A $10 donation will be added to your next cell phone bill.
- Donate by calling (800) RED-CROSS (800-733-2767) or by visiting their website at redcross.org.
- Send a contribution to your local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
- Support family pets and animals that were also severely impacted by donating to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society or the Humane Society of the United States for disaster relief funds.
- Contribute to the Salvation Army and Oklahoma Disaster Relief, both of which are delivering food and disaster response to victims and are accepting financial help.
- Donate to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
Thank you for helping Kearney raise funds to support those affected by this disaster.