Brian Anthony Batugo wrote -
For my 27th birthday, I'd like nothing more than for you to support a Filipino Folk Dance program in Stockton, CA by donating $1, $10, or $100 for every year I've been alive!
Last year, Little Manila and I broke ground on a Filipino cultural dance program that has grown to be a reputable dance education and practice center in the San Joauqin County. Our village is growing. In only one year, we have accomplished so much. Click here to see some of our highlights. Think of what we can do next year and for many years to come with your continued support!
A $27, $270 or $2700 donation will go towards:
- A Kulintang music program with Master Danny Kalanduyan of San Francisco
- Establishing an arts scholarship fund to make folk and and indigenous dance acessible to more students in our community
- Building our collection of dance props and traditional attire
- Building our honorarium fund to continue to invite Folk and Indigenous Dance Masters to teach students proper dance technique and history
- Keeping the lights on and space available at the Little Manila Center
Support the growth of Filipino cultural dance in Stockton so that we can engage more members in our community through cultural arts!