Kelly and Jessica Adopt
Organized by: Kelly and Jessica Adopt
October 08, 2016
One-time college sweethearts, we went our separate ways only to collide years later in a random coffeeshop. It was meant to be. Married in 2011, Kelly now teaches college English and Jessica works in Youth Ministry. After years of infertility, it's time to go out and find our child.
We have no debt, and have saved up $20,000 of our own, but it costs between $30,000 and $50,000 to adopt a baby in the United States, and we need to have the money up front before we'll even be presented to birth mothers.
Help us grow our family and bring home our baby!! Every donation helps and brings us one step closer to being united with our child.
Your donation will help cover things like:
- consulting agency fees ($3,500—we have already paid this)
- the cost of the Home Study (our becoming legal to adopt)
- medical expenses of the birth mother (who often do not have insurance)
- possibly the living expenses of the birth mother
- pre- and post-adoption counseling for the birth parents
- pre-adoption counseling and education for us
- our travel and living expenses in the state where our baby is born (some state laws require adoptive parents to stay there for up to several weeks)
- legal fees and court filing fees for finalization
- various other unforeseen adoption-related expenses
We will never be able to fully express our gratitude to you for helping us bring home our baby. Thank you!
Be sure to follow our adventure at www.facebook.com/kellyandjessicaadopt!