Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) has several characteristics that make it an ideal condition to demonstrate the promise of Precision Health:
* It is the most common dominantly inherited disorder (1 in 250)
* 90% of individuals with FH are undiagnosed
* Undiagnosed individuals with FH are at a 20 times greater risk of heart disease
* FH is manageable. If found early enough FH can be managed with available medications
* We do not find individuals with FH we find families with FH
I believe that most people if given the opportunity would go out of their way to help save a life. If that is the case, how much more would a person do to help save a million lives?
I truly believe this is our opportunity. Your sponsorship will help the work of the FH Foundation to raise awareness and save lives.