BENEFITING: Imerman Angels
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
Imerman Angels was created on the belief that no one should have to fight cancer alone and without the necessary support. At 26 years old, Jonny Imerman was diagnosed with testicular cancer and began his fight against the disease. Throughout his experience, Jonny was lucky enough to have loving support from his family and friends but had never met anyone his age who was a cancer survivor. He wanted to talk to someone just like him, someone who truly understood, and was intimately familiar with his experience. In short, he was looking for someone who had already beaten the same type of cancer. This was the beginning of Jonny’s vision and in 2003, it became a reality when he founded Imerman Angels.
I am running this race to raise money for this incredible organization and alongside my friend in honor of her mom.
Why Imerman Angels?
Imerman Angels is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide personalized connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers. Participating in the Chicago Marathon with Team Imerman Angels is your opportunity to be the difference for anyone seeking cancer support. In 2016, Team Imerman Angels participants raised over $320,000 and created nearly 900 connections between those impacted by cancer and a Mentor Angel. To learn more about the important work your efforts will support, click Here.
When you join Team Imerman Angels, you receive these great benefits:
- Free Entry into the Chicago Marathon with a Guaranteed Entry ($195 value)
- Complimentary training through Chicago Endurance Sports ($250 value)
- Team Imerman Angels Gear Kit including Asics premium singlet ($38 retail price).
- "Halo Hospitality": VIP Race Day Hospitality at the Congress Hotel (less than 200 meters to the entrance to the Marathon and 400 meters from the Finish Area) for you and your fans (friends and family) including pre and post race food and beverages, massage, and many more amenities.
- Team Imerman Angels - Bank of America Chicago Marathon Commemorative Medal (to go along with your Chicago Marathon Finisher's Medal)
- September Team Imerman Angels Race Singlet Decorating Party with free lettering for your jersey
- Your own customizable, online fundraising page to give your family, friends, co-workers and others an easy way to donate and show their support for you.
- Race Weekend Pasta Dinner at the Congress Hotel.
- Most importantly, the knowledge that you're helping provide one-on-one support to cancer fighters and caregivers - so that no one faces cancer alone.
Click HERE to join the team and to claim your 2017 Chicago Marathon entry.
Contact Dave Louthan (email@example.com or 312.273.1312)