Youth Ambassador and Humanitarian Trip - South Africa & Botswana Jul 31 - Aug 10, 2012
EVENT DATE: Jul 31, 2012
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jul 31, 2012
Click the big "DONATE" button or go one step further and help us fundraise by clicking the "FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT" and select "Join as an Individual". You’ll get your own fundraising page to share with all your amazing family and friends. Help give a teen a wonderful gift of exposure and travel abroad.
Click here for a helpful tutorial on creating your fundraising page.
At the invitation of Her Excellency, Ms. Tebelelo Seretse, Ambassador of the Republic of Botswana to the United States, Kid Entrepreneurs Need Opportunities (KENO) Foundation, Inc. and Shumake Family & Friends (SFF) sponsor, "Extending Our Reach to Africa," A Youth Ambassador & Humanitarian (YAH) Program this summer from July 31 - August 10, 2012.
The YAH Program enables middle and high school students, educators and youth leaders the opportunity to represent their city, state and school as youth ambassadors while experiencing first-hand the economy, culture, education and society of countries within the Southern African Development Communities (SADC) Region first-hand.
This extraordinary program is designed to help introduce participants to youth leadership development, civic education, global entrepreneurship and community service while promoting mutual understanding between the youth of Africa and America.
The program plans include:
- Culture and protocol orientation;
- Meetings with African companies, government officials and host communities;
- A Youth Leadership Summit and Town Hall Meeting engaging teen-to-teen interaction to identify issues impacting youth;
- Service learning projects, and activities to expose participants to culture, the democratic values and institutions key to the history, and society of South Africa and Botswana including kgola role playing; and
- Cultivating future trade relationships among youth with African retailers.
To visit the Keno Foundation website click HERE
Check out some of Crowdrise's Best Promos Ever for contests to help incentivize and drive your donors to your fundraising page for a chance to win cool prizes like a brand new iPad2.
KENO is a non profit 501c3 tax deductible organization.