Youth Ambassador and Humanitarian Trip - South Africa & Botswana July 21 - August 4, 2013
Click the big "DONATE" button or go one step further and help us fundraise by clicking the "FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT" and select"Join as an Individual". You’ll get your own fundraising page to share with all your amazing family and friends. Help give a teen a wonderful gift of exposure and travel abroad.
At the invitation of Her Excellency, Ms. Tebelelo Seretse, Ambassador of the Republic of Botswana to the United States, Kid Entrepreneurs Need Opportunities (KENO) Foundation, Inc. and Shumake Family & Friends (SFF) sponsor, "Extending Our Reach to Africa," A Youth Ambassador & Humanitarian (YAH) Program this summer from July 21st - August 4th, 2013
The YAH Program enables middle and high school students, educators and youth leaders the opportunity to represent their city, state and school as youth ambassadors while experiencing first-hand the economy, culture, education and society of countries within the Southern African Development Communities (SADC) Region first-hand.
This extraordinary program is designed to help introduce participants to youth leadership development, civic education, global entrepreneurship and community service while promoting mutual understanding between the youth of Africa and America.
The program plans include:
- Culture and protocol orientation;
- Meetings with African companies, government officials and host communities;
- A Youth Leadership Summit and Town Hall Meeting engaging teen-to-teen interaction to identify issues impacting youth;
- Service learning projects, and activities to expose participants to culture, the democratic values and institutions key to the history, and society of South Africa and Botswana including kgola role playing; and
- Cultivating future trade relationships among youth with African retailers.
To visit the Keno Foundation website click HERE
KENO is a non profit 501c3 tax deductible organization.