I am a fundraising, marketing, and communication professional with nearly 20 years of experience. Currently, I'm the director of development and communications at Global Rights for Women and a coach for RaiseMN. Prior to this I was a consultant for a number of organizations, such as The Arc Greater Twin Cities, Mu Performing Arts, Hennepin Theatre Trust, and TU Dance. I frequently offer pro bono crowdfunding and grant writing consultations to artists and entrepreneurs, in particular to those of color, and nonprofit businesses/organizations run by people of color. And I am developing an app that will directly connect artists with donors, and I also serve on grant review boards.
My previous life includes:
- Director and associate director of fundraising for The George Washington University and Second Harvest Heartland
- Contributor for Entertainment Weekly
- Publisher of Parenting As Adoptees; The Declassified Adoptee: Essays of an Adoption Activist; Lost Daughters: Writing Adoption From a Place of Empowerment and Peace; and Ghost of Sangju: A Memoir of Reconciliation
- Editor of Gazillion Voices Magazine
- Host of Gazillion Voice Radio (KFAI Radio)
- Executive director of Gazillion Strong
- Founder of LGA, Inc. (formerly Land of Gazillion Adoptees)
- Member of the communication and outreach teams for Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota and Children's Home Society & Family Services
Much of my issues focused work involves the intersectionality between adoption, race, culture, identity, performance, art, politics, pop culture, and social movement. I have been featured in The New York Times, National Public Radio, Minnesota Public Radio, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NBC, BBC, Colorlines, Racialicious, Hyphen, The Good Men Project, and The Daily Beast.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Kevin 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Kevin this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Kevin. Thanks to your vote, Kevin earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
Total Impact Points
Kevin Vollmers' Fundraisers
I'm working on creating my first super compelling Fundraiser so please keep hitting refresh over and over until my first Fundraiser shows up. Or just wait for me to email you about it.