Back-to-School Season is here!
August 17, 2017
At the Twin Cities Kids In Need Resource Center, we work to ensure that students in need are prepared to learn and succeed by providing them with free school supplies. Fast facts about our Center:
- We serve Minneapolis and St. Paul public, private, and charter schools that have more than 70 percent student eligibility for free and reduced lunch.
- Teachers from these schools shop for free school supplies at our store and leave with an average of $502 in product, easing teachers’ out-of-pocket expenses, relieving stress for parents, and allowing students to focus on learning.
- Our teachers have reported that getting school supplies for their classrooms has a positive impact on student behavior, homework completion, class preparedness, and class participation, as well as self-esteem, interest in learning, and social engagement.
- Our outreach programs—online shopping and The Caring Tree grant—allow us to reach additional students statewide.
- Last year, we helped more than 2,000 teachers at 134 schools, benefiting nearly 84,000 students.
- It only takes $25 to give a student in need a backpack filled with a year's worth of new school supplies. Your donation today will help children be effectively prepared to start school in the fall!
We can only serve students because of amazing supporters like you! Thank you!