EVENT DATE: Apr 01, 2017
Mind Body Solutions, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is a growing and successful community that transcends ability and disability, opens people’s lives to new possibilities, and transforms the delivery of healthcare. The core of all our work is our adaptive yoga program, where we share the transformative and healing gifts of yoga with everybody.
Kiss My Asana (asana = yoga pose) is a virtual four-week challenge. It’s an opportunity to do what you love (yoga!), wherever you live, while raising awareness and resources for the adaptive yoga program at Mind Body Solutions. JOIN the yogathon by dedicating your yoga practice(s) in the month of April to help raise money for MBS. Create your own challenge for the month! Need ideas? Pick one below, or make up your own...
- Commit to adding one more yoga practice each week in April.
- Go big and commit to practicing EVERYDAY in April - at home or in a studio.
- Do a handstand (or some other challenging, fun, favorite, or scary pose) EVERY day.
- Set a goal to meditate for 5 minutes EVERY day in April. We know, easier said than done.
- Begin each day practicing praynama or do a sun salutation first thing.
The sky’s the limit. Get creative, be real, and have some fun!
Remember, when you take part in the Kiss My Asana yogathon, you DO YOGA to SHARE YOGA and HELP OTHERS. Here’s how you’ll help:
- $ 25 Shares a “Beyond Disability DVD” with a home-bound person living with a disability.
- $ 250 Provides four classes at a battered women’s shelter or a veteran’s center.
- $ 500 Provides full tuition for an Opening Yoga Teacher Training Workshop.
- $ 1000 Provides a full year of adaptive yoga for one student.
Our mission is to help those who have experienced trauma, loss, and disability find new ways to live better - by integrating mind and body. We provide classes, workshops, outreach programs, train yoga teachers, and offer highly specialized training for health care professionals.