Blue Cross RiverRink at Penn’s Landing
Along with supporting FringeArts, A Change of Harp is fundraising for our performance of all of Stockhausen's KLANG set for April of 2018 at FringeArts. This 14-hour-long piece was intended to include 24 chamber pieces, each of which would represent an hour of the day. Stockhausen died after completing just 21, making this piece a poigniant representation of mortality, time, and life. I'll dance for 12 hours, you get 21 hours of KLANG. It's a win win!
If you want to dance with us, please register as an Individual dancer under the team name KLANG.
FringeA-Thon is an epic outdoor, 12-hour dance-party-marathon supporting FringeArts as well as the cultural community in Philadelphia. FringeArts presents world-class, contemporary performing arts that challenge convention and inspire new ways of thinking.
Raise money for the arts community, then dance your “art” out at FringeA-thon which includes an exciting line-up of DJs, themed dance hours, pop-up dance performances, dance competitions, and a coordinated dance finale by all of the fundraising participants. Dancing 12 hours is not required, but we challenge you to try!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FRINGEA-THON
John Jarboe, artistic director of The Bearded Ladies Cabaret, host and curator of Get Pegged Cabaret, and general spectacle-maker will be the MC for the evening, coaching dancers through the entire 12 hours.
Melanie Cotton, local choreographer and dancer will be leading the step-by-step, communal group dance finale.
These DJs will whip the crowd into a sonic frenzy:
- DJ Cosmo Baker, a Philadelphia native and one of New York’s most exciting party-rocking DJs. He is a master of hip-hop, disco & funk, and electronic dance music, which he mixes and matches in his unique style.
- DJ lil’dave, a Philadelphia-based audio tastemaker with a propensity for funky grooves, broken boogie, and thumping bass.
- DJ Dame Luz, the Philadelphia-based DJ, remixer, producer, and promoter behind the legendary Holy Trinity parties and CutNPaste parties.
- DJ Rahsaan, a global-minded DJ and selector specializing in Boogaloo, Cuban rumba, Salsa Dura, Latin Disco, and more.
- DJ Rich Medina, an elite DJ who has joined the handful of DJs at the top of their field, and takes audiences on a sonic journey through hip-hop, house, soul, afrobeat, funk, breaks, and dance classics.
- DJ Royale, whose Philly roots have undeniably shaped his sound and has been described as 'timeless & technical' and has been known for hosting original parties with an 'everybody's welcome' ethos.
Pop-up performances from Philadelphia’s best professional dancers will filter through the crowd, teaching some new moves and demonstrating steps. Dancers include:
- Kemar Jewel and the Xcel Dance Crew, an exciting vogue crew who incorporate dance and theater to make magic.
- Steve Lunger (Steve Believe), a seasoned dance-battle master who will be coordinating friendly dance battles between competing teams.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THE ARTS COMMUNITY?
FringeA-thon offers a unique opportunity for local arts organizations, individual artists and other non-profits to become beneficiary partners. By participating in FringeA-Thon, beneficiary partners will dance to raise funds for FringeArts as well as their own organization or special projects.
Participating in FringeA-Thon as a beneficiary partner allows non-profit organizations and individual artists to spotlight special initiatives or projects using FringeA-Thon as a fundraising vehicle. FringeA-Thon will provide an online fundraising platform and a great 12-hour event to market your project or organization.
Beneficiary partners will create a team and recruit dancers to fundraise for their cause. All partners will receive a 75% split of all proceeds raised by their team (including the $25 registration fee). It’s a low impact way to raise additional funds while supporting the cultural sector of the city.
Interested in becoming a beneficiary partner? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FringeArts is here to help with your fundraising goal!
Click below for fundraising tips and ideas, sample letters, photos and stuff for social media, and more.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors!
The Center for Childhood Resilience
Click here for details about sponsorship opportunities.
For more information contact email@example.com
FringeArts is Philadelphia’s home for contemporary performance, presenting progressive, world-class art that stretches the imagination and boldly defies expectation. As the city’s lead experimenter in the arts, FringeArts exposes audiences to unpredictable dance, theater and music performances by accomplished and emerging innovators who are pushing the boundaries of art-making and redefining the artistic landscape worldwide.