Away we go! Thanks again for your support!
July 09, 2016
BENEFITING: CONCERN FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Jul 09, 2016
Fight cancer! On July 9th, I'll be competing in a swim race in Sweden. This is the first of five events I will be partaking in, each supporting a different charity.
In 2016 I decided to try to complete a series of athletic events, a "Swedish Klassiker". But I'd like to use this opportunity to add a charitable cause to my work, and I want to encourage you to donate to one or all of the 5 different medically oriented and international relief oriented charities I will also support and contribute to:
- Vansbrosimning (3 km swimming) - Cancer research via Concern Foundation - Website
- Lidingöloppet (30 km running) - Medical and educational supplies to needy and disaster areas via Brother's Brother Foundation - Website
- En Svensk Klassiker (Completion of all 4 events in 2016) - Type 1 diabetes research via JDRF - Website
- Vasaloppet (90 km cross country skiing in 2017) - Refugee support via International Rescue Committee - Website
- Vätternrundan (300 km biking in 2017) - Sustainable growth and environmental protection via World Resources Institute - Website
Help me add a meaning to my efforts than I could ever achieve otherwise. My fundraising goals are modest, but donations do not need to be! Can't decide on a single event/charity? Contribute a smaller amount to each! Every donation makes a difference.