Skip to content
johnverpoort's profile image - click for profile

John Verpoort's Fundraiser:

Komen Detroit Race For the Cure

John's Photo
John Verpoort

THE STORY:

Hello everyone and welcome to my 2017 fundraising page for the Komen Detroit Race For the Cure! I'm going try and be short and to the point. So here goes: In 2015, over 230,000 people in the US were diagnosed with invasive breast cancer plus another 40,000 were diagnosed with non-invasive breast cancer. And, unfortunately, its estimated that over 40,000 people died from this terrible disease. We are slowly making progress: Death rates from breast cancer have now been decreasing since 1989. Progress is thought to be due to increased awareness, early detection, and improved treatment options. But there is much yet to be done. Still, every 60 seconds someone somewhere in the world will die from breast cancer. Please help me raise money to provide free mammograms, community outreach/education programs, and to support research to end this terrible disease once and for all. 75% of the net income from our Race stays in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties to fund breast cancer screening, treatment support and education programs; the remaining 25% supports the national Komen Award and Research Grant Program.

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$600

MONEY RAISED
  • Anonymous

     

  • Michele Fritz

     

  • Mark & Cynthia

     

  •  
  •  
  •  
 

60% Raised of $1,000 Goal

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $600 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM

Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team

Donor Comments

Mark & Cynthia

Mark & Cynthia

Honoring Terry Plourde - fight on! 5 months ago

Michele Fritz

Michele Fritz

In memory of Mary Yakamovich 6 months ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

6 months ago