KONBIT POU EDIKASYON via Crowdrise
September 25, 2013
BENEFITING: KONBIT POU EDIKASYON
Konbit Pou Edikasyon students had so many successes over the past school year:
- One student graduated from high school
- One student had the top score in her school on the national exam
- One student was first in his class
- And there were so many more high points!
We're proud of the KPE students and even more excited to continue boosting their hard work over this coming school year. Your support makes it possible!
Can you help us raise $14,800 to send KPE students back to school this year?
How your donations will be used:
ACADEMIC PROGRAM COSTS = $9800
For School Year 2013-2014, KPE is supporting 16 students, ranging from 2nd grade through Philo (the final year of high school). They come from four different neighborhoods in Haiti, mostly urban areas. These are students who have worked extremely hard over the past few years to raise their grades and their overall academic levels -- they are committed! Your donations will pay for:
- Tuition and all fees at quality schools
- Uniforms & shoes
- Supplies & books
Our Student Coordinator in Haiti, Josue, is an educator and an amazing ally for KPE students: He visits students at home and in their schools - consulting with parents, students, and teachers about areas of success and areas where students need improvement. Josue acts as a mentor for KPE students -- he received scholarship help when he was in school, and can relate to their experiences and support them as they progress. He also is a key to communication throughout the organization - relating the stories and needs of KPE students back to us regularly so that we can share them with you, and make the best decisions for KPE's future. Your contributions will pay for Josue’s part-time salary and his work expenses such as telephone credit and bus rides.
STUDENT SUPPORT FUND = $5000
In addition to the minimum operating expenses listed above, we would like to be able to provide additional motivation and support to students, including:
- Computer skills summer camp for KPE students who are succeeding in their classes: The 2012 summer camp, where students learned about filmmaking and made their own short films, was a huge success in terms of building lines of communication and community within KPE. It's also great academic motivation -- the students are really excited for camp this year and are working hard to make sure their grades are up to par in order to attend!
- Emergency medical assistance: In past years, we have had several cases of student illness that required hospitalization -- this is a huge burden for families to carry. With the Student Support Fund, KPE can help them with these expenses so that they can focus on getting the student well.
- Academic intervention: When students are struggling with a particular subject, we do our best to connect them with extra help at their school or in their community. The Student Support Fund will allow us to hire tutors or purchase supplementary materials if needed.
Your contribution of any size will help to make our students’ goals for the school year a reality!
All donations are tax-deductible and all donors will receive our immense gratitude and public recognition. For donations at the following levels, we offer additional recognition:
$1000 donation - Gold Partner - Receive the KPE member discount to attend KPE's camp, personalized thank you video and public recognition of your donation
$500 donation - Platinum Partner - Receive a 10% discount to attend KPE's camp, personalized thank you video and public recognition of your donation
$250 donation - Silver Partner - Receive a personalized thank you video and public recognition of your donation
$100 donation - KPE Ally - Receive a personalized letter of thanks from KPE kids and public recognition of your donation